The Aroma ARC Rice Cooker is an excellent and affordable option with over 10,000 Amazon reviews giving it an average 4 star rating.
This is also a very affordable and versatile rice cooker that offers up the ability to make white rice, brown rice, soups, roasts, quinoa, chili, oatmeal and more.
It also has a steamer insert allowing you to cook meats and vegetables above the rice that is cooking in the unit below.
Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8 Cup Rice Cooker and Steamer
- Multi-functional use - cooks white and brown rice to perfection, but also jambalaya, steamed veggies, and even a fluffy cake! The possibilities are endless!!
- Steaming capabilities - steam tray allows you to prepare your veggies above while rice, soup, or any other meal cooks below - allowing you to save time without sacrificing quality.
- Capacity and measurements - cooks 2 to 8 cups of cooked rice. Easy to store at home - measures 8.25 x 8.5 x 9 inches.
- Accessories - simple to operate using our user-friendly digital panel that switches to keep warm automatically - set it and forget it!
- Contents - includes a non-stick inner pot, steamer tray, rice measuring cup, and plastic rice spatula.
- The Aroma Rice Cooker has a stainless steel design and black design as well, a stay-cool touch control panel, and a non-removable hinged lid that locks in moisture and steam to produce fluffier rice.
- Capacity: There are different models available with varying cup sizes ranging from 4 to as many as 20 cups.
- It has an easy to read button navigation menu with digital LED display
- Timer to delay cooking up to 15 hours as well.
- The cooker pot is comprised of a glazed non ceramic pot, which is different than most non stick inner pots. Not necessarily better though because rice tends to get stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Keep warm setting automatically switches on once finished cooking.
- Non stick plastic container acts as a sieve when initially washing rice and a steam basket when in use.
- Notification beep once finished cooking.
- Speed: Cooks rice in about 30 minutes or less.
Why You Should Get it:
- It’s also a very affordable rice cooker given its features: ie the ability to make all kinds of rice and good at once.
- Good value given its relatively low price point.
Why You Shouldn’t:
- Reviews from other media publications and on Amazon said the rice was good, but not nearly as well cooked as the rice from other cookers like Cuckoo, Zojirushi and Tiger.
- The lid isn’t removable for easy cleaning.
- There are some harsh reviews on Amazon. Complaints that the Aroma leaks steam and spits hot water.
- Inner pot isnt non-stick. ie its ceramic.
- Durability issues: Apparently, this rice cooker won’t last you any more than 1 year.
For a rice cooker below $50 to do more than just cook white rice, we’re very impressed. The Aroma rice cooker is a very popular choice amongst consumers. Although the cooking isn’t perfect, and there have been many complaints of difficulty cleaning and durability issues, it’s certainly good enough for most people and is a good value. See the Aroma Rice Cooker Here.